Friday, June 4, 2010

Book Review - Jamie Oliver's Ministry of Food

Jamie's Food Revolution: Rediscover How to Cook Simple, Delicious, Affordable Meals
Jamie Oliver is definitely my biggest inspiration in the wonder world of western cooking. He is low profile, his instructions are structured and easy to follow, and of all his recipes that I have tried out in my kitchen, hardly any fails!

However, compared to his other previous cookbooks, the latest Ministry of Food - or here, Jamie's Food Revolution, is the best of all. Very simple, easy to understand and most do not need any complicated ingredients.

Also, the idea of the book is so humble, generous and educating at the same time. Jamie basically wants us to try out one recipe, do it over and over again until we master it, and once we do, share the recipe with other people - close friends, family etc. It reminds me of a short story I read when I was little that I loved the most - about spreading goodness and how that goodness will eventually come back to us one day.

If you don't have it, check it out here: Jamie's Food Revolution: Rediscover How to Cook Simple, Delicious, Affordable Meals. It is really worth every penny (and mind you, imported books in Indonesia are SO expensive I paid more than twice the original price) but I never regret it. For now and for a long time ahead, this book is my kitchen bible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Kitchen and Around
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com