However, I feel the need to update this food blog. It's been a while.
The good thing is although I've been busy with things, I still found time to cook. I view cooking as a relaxing as well as productive activity. I feel relaxed when I cook, as opposed to my mom who is always frantic in the kitchen. I wouldn't really blame her. She always puts too much pressure on herself than she should. She cooks literally everyday and there is no exception not to. Even when she took a vacation in Bali and stayed at my house, she was never far from the kitchen.
Anyway, during the time when I'm busy, I need to come up with something quick to cook. Like this Pork and Vegetable Stir Fry. It only takes minutes to cook and some more to do the prep. Anybody can do it.
- 250 gr of pork fillet, diced
- 5 baby carrots; diced
- 3 or more chillies (since Vincent is not allowed to eat spicy food, I substitute it with a red bell pepper), chopped
- a handful of peas
- 2 cms of ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 tbs of oyster sauce
- 1 tbs of light soy sauce
- 1 tbs of dark soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbs of vegetable oil
- Prep all the ingredients; chop the pork, baby carrots, chillies/pepper, ginger and garlic.
- Have a large wok or non-stick pan ready on a medium hob.
- As it pan is smoking hot, pour the vegetable oil together with the garlic and the ginger.
- You will smell its goodness not long after, so when the garlic is slightly brown, in with the pork, carrots, and chillies/bell pepper.
- Add the oyster sauce, light soy sauce and dark soy sauce. Stir.
- Add some water or stock, turn down the heat and let it simmer.
- 7 minutes before it's ready, put in the peas, and season with salt and pepper. Stir again.
- Be careful not to cook the peas too long. You still want the vibrant green colour of the peas when you serve it.
- The dish is done.