Friday, January 7, 2011

Cream Soup with Chicken and Sweet Corn

I've been feeling like eating soups lately. I always like soup. It's warm, it feels good in the stomach as well as the tongue and it's comforting. But Vincent doesn't like soup. That's why I don't make it that much. I did once in a while, but that was when I was ready to eat the soup on my own for three days in a row. :P Now that he is in France, I should be eating healthy soup than the normally fatty dishes.

I made my favourite cheese cauliflower soup when my brother was here (recipe coming soon). But the other day I cooked this cream soup with chicken and sweet corn. I'm not sure if it is the same chicken corn soup I usually order in the restaurants, but it tasted just as great. Since the ingredients I put were not measured, use your own sense and taste for it.
Cream soup with chicken and sweet corn



Ingredients:

  • Chicken fillet
  • Fresh or frozen sweet corns
  • 1 spring onion
  • Milk 
  • Water (almost as much as the milk)
  • 2 teaspoons of flour
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • Your prefered vegetables: I put organic baby carrots. I would also put green beans if only I had them
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and pepper
Instructions:
  1. Slice the garlic finely
  2. Cut the chicken fillet into cubes
  3. Cut the carrots and other vegetables
  4. Slice the spring onion, set aside for later
  5. Get a soup pan and put it on a medium heat.
  6. Pour a lug of olive oil and throw in the garlic
  7. Not long after, put the carrots, chicken and sweet corns in. Cook until the carrots are a bit tender but still holding their shape
  8. Add the flour; it will help thicken the soup
  9. Pour the milk and the water
  10. Season with salt and pepper
  11. Let it come to boil, then lower the heat and let it simmer
  12. Have a taste when the soup is at the thick consistency that you are happy with. Add salt and pepper if necessary
  13. Lastly add the spring onion.
It's great to eat with rice, toasted bread or salty biscuits.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Kitchen and Around
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com