Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Strawberry, Carrot and Cherry Tomato Milkshake

My friend, Pam, says that the Fitness Wii game is bullshit. "It is just a game, not a real sport," she says.

But what is a real sport?

Pam does yoga. According to Vincent, it is not a real sport since one barely moves when doing yoga. But we don't believe so. Keeping the balance in yoga sometimes is heavier than doing the extreme muscle-moving sport. Do we sweat when doing yoga? Yes, we do. We sweat a lot, in fact.

Dancing. Is dancing a sport? I think so. You move your whole body when you dance. Sometimes when it's too hot of a dance night out, you'll even get stiffed muscles the next morning. How is it any different from jogging?

You know, at times when we - lazy bumps - hear the word "sport", we directly assume it's the adrenalin-pumping, no-fun thing to do. But basketball players find it fun. Yogis find peacefulness when doing yoga. My sister enjoys aerobics because there is music to move along. And all are considered sports because at the end of the day, your body is doing exercises.

My Fitness CoachI think it is no different with My Fitness Coach Wii game. Just because it comes from a Wii game player, it shouldn't be considered as sport? Football is a game. Baseball is a game. Salsa and tango are not a game, but they give you as much fun as playing a game. And do they pump you up? Yes, they do. Does Wii Fitness game pump me up? Yes, it does.

I'm doing sport!

I have to admit, however, that the exercises I am going through now is not of the hardest kind, perhaps due to my end goals. I registered "flexibility" as my primary goal and "lose a size" as my secondary goal. I only do about 30 minutes per day. It is not too tiring, yet I always end up completely soaked with sweat. And I think it is perfect. I once joined a gym near my house where there was a cute personal trainer. I think he did well in training me. But for someone who just started doing sport again after years, you could not shock me with muscle-breaking exercises. You do that and I will never return again, which was what happened. I had stiffed muscles for a week and I could hardly move. I got cranky because everything hurt and none of the tasks I should be doing got done. With 30-minute exercise a day, I keep coming back and doing it. If I think the exercise of the day is not enough, I do another set of express workout. I lost 2 kilos in a week since the last time I weighed myself, so I guess the Wii game does a justice.

There is also a dietary menu suggestion within the game. Recipes and weekly shopping list are also provided. However, these I don't necessarily follow. But I do scan what ingredients are mostly used for breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks, then I get creative from it.

Typical breakfasts are with fruits. Mixed fruit juice, fruit slices with yoghurt, etc. So one day when I saw these beautiful local organic strawberries at Bali Deli and some local organic baby carrots and cherry tomatoes, I used them as my breakfast. I made Strawberry, Carrot and Cherry Tomato Milkshake. It was surprisingly very, very fulfilling. Of course I used a tall glass to contain the milkshake. But who would have guessed a glass of milkshake would be enough for a Carla? :) Anyway, it tasted very good and what more... it's healthy! I think you should also try it.

Ingredients:

  • 10 strawberries
  • 5 cherry tomatoes
  • 2 baby carrots
  • a splash of milk
  • 3 or 4 ice cubes
  • a tablespoon of sugar
Instructions:
  1. Peel and cut the carrots.
  2. Put them together with the rest of the ingredients into a blender.
  3. Blend it until well juiced.
Voila, your Strawberry, Carrot and Cherry Tomato Milkshake is ready to enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a creative flavour. Bet it tastes good.

Carla Chanliau said...

It does. Thanks, Ellie, for dropping by. :)

pyor said...

yoga is regarded as a passive sport, so is swimming. While swimming u barely feeling that u r sweating either, aren't u =]

Carla Chanliau said...

So what's your point? That sport is recognized by the sweat you perspire? You sweat in yoga more than you sweat in jogging. Swimming is passive - this I know only recently - because basically you're already helped moving about by the water pressure. What is the explanation for yoga?

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Kitchen and Around
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com